Best For Investors Looking For A Platform With Varied Portfolios
Annual Management fee
Promo Code: PLUSBONUS
Syfe is one of the relatively new Robo advisors in the market that started its operation in 2019 but quickly became its most popular peers. It has a very clear user interface, no minimum investment and has very affordable fees.
It is a great option for beginner investors who are looking to invest with little cash. However, Syfe is relatively new in the market. It does not have a proven investment track record. Here is everything you need to know about the platform before you invest.
- Licensed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) under the Capital Markets Service License offers managed investment portfolios with no lock in period and minimum investment amount.
- The platform offers 4 investment portfolios and a cash management account.
- Syfe Core Portfolio: comprises stock, gold, bond, and gold Exchange Traded Funds ETFs and exposes you to global diversification and great risk-adjusted returns. Here are the three variations depending on your risk tolerance:
- Core Defensive is ideal for conservative investors searching for low-risk portfolios that offer steady projected returns in the short term.
- Core Balanced- great for moderate investors in search of a medium-risk portfolio that offers higher returns over a medium to a long time horizon
- Core Growth is ideal for risk-tolerant investors looking for a higher-risk portfolio designed for maximum returns over a long time horizon.
The Core portfolios have a 14.3% geographical allocation to China because the platform believes that the Chinese stock will do well in the long run due.
- Syfe REIT+ Portfolio: It mimics the iEdge S-REIT 20 Index tracks the Blue chip REITS in Singapore. You have the option of investing in 100% REITS (Tracks the iEdge S-REIT 20 Index) of the REITS in companies such as Ascendas REITs, CapitaLand Integrated Commercial Trust, and Mapletree Commercial Trust with Risk Management that allocates part of your investment cash to the Singapore Government Bonds.
- The REIT portfolio offers dividends rather than growth. Your dividends are reinvested automatically unless you are on the Black tier, where you can choose quarterly payouts.
- Syfe Equity100 Portfolio: This offers 12 ETFs tracking indices such as Nasdaq 100 and S&P 500 and covers more than 1,500 global companies. It spreads risk across many companies and seems like a safe option. This is a 100% equity portfolio which means it is all stocks, and your money is at risk in case of the stock market crashes.
- Syfe Global ARI portfolio: Similar to the Core portfolios in terms of diversification with different assets, including bonds, stocks, and gold ETFs. This platform is “continuously risk-managed,” meaning it is often tricked to reduce the chances of losing your money.
- Syfe Cash+ Portfolio: This cash management portfolio has 0% fees and works almost the same as a savings account but has variable, non-guaranteed returns. Syfe puts the Cash management portfolio in the LionGlobal SDG Money Market, LionGlobal Short Duration Bond Fund and the LionGlobal SGD Enhanced Liquidity Fund. However, unlike a regular savings account, you have to keep in mind that you can lose your money.
- Available on a web dashboard and mobile app.
- Has thematic portfolios divided into different industries. These themes include:
- Disruptive technology- Contains ETFs from firms on forward-looking tech such as robotics and AI
- Clean energy and ESG- contains ETFs from businesses with sterling ESG credentials
- Healthcare Innovation- Have ETFs from the health sector.
- China Growth- ETFs from Chinese companies
- Global Income- tracking bonds across nations and companies with exposure to emerging markets and China.
- When you start investing with Syfe, you will earn up to a $100 cash bonus. It would be best if you had sign-up with the code PLUSBONUS.
Pros & Cons
- The platform has several portfolios you can choose from based on your risk appetite
- It offers exposure to different industries for investment. If you want to put your money in real estate, you can try the REIT+ portfolio, want to try stocks, you can try the Core Equity 100
- Ideal for beginner investors with no minimum investment required, and they can learn a lot about investing on the platform
- Syfe’s fee structure is quite easy to understand, having four tiers ranging from 0.35% to 0.65%. A competitive rate and you get access to wealth experts when you go up through the tiers
- Offers free consultation from a wealth manager before you choose the investment portfolio of your choice.
- Syfe is quite new in the market with not credible reputations
- The portfolios on the platform are unproven entities
- Some of its portfolios, such as the Global ARI, has been axed after a very short times
Other Fees and Charges
Syfe charges an annual management fee ranging from 0.35% to 0.65% of the total investments amount.
The cash+ portfolio is not levied any management fee because of their purpose and very low returns.
Here is a fee schedule for Syfe based on the assets under management or the total investment amount.
- S$0 – S$19,999 (Syfe Blue): 0.65% p.a.
- S$20,000 – S$99,999 (Syfe Black): 0.5% p.a.
- S$100,000 – S$499,999 (Syfe Gold): 0.4% p.a.
- S$500,000 and above (Syfe Private Wealth): 0.35% p.a
Syfe does not have any hidden fees that will have you going through the terms and conditions. The only other charges charged are those of various stock exchanges, online brokerages and ETF managers.
The platform also does not charge any withdrawal fees and has no minimum deposit. You are also not required to lock up your money over a certain time horizon.
Eligibility and Requirements
You need to be at least 18 years and older to open a Syfe account.
If you work at an investment bank, make sure that the is no conflict of interest when opening an account with Syfe.
Singapore citizens and Permanent residents – Copy of NRIC (Both sides)
Foreign nationals – Copy of your passport
Any of the following:
- Latest utility bill
- Latest bank account
- The latest statement from a relevant government authority
- Latest tenancy agreement
Disclaimer: This information may differ from what you see when you visit other financial service websites or the product’s official site, but Loan Advisor continues to keep every detail updated and accurate. This site may be compensated through third-party advertisers. However, the results of our comparison tools which are not marked as sponsored will always be based on objective analysis.
How Does Syfe Compare with Other Robo Advisors in Singapore?
Minimum Initial Investment
Annual Management fees
Expected Annual return
No minimum investment
No minimum investment
0.8% (Up to $25,000)
1% (Up to $10,000)/ 0.7% (more than $10,000)
0.60% for first $200,000
0.40% flat fee for any amount for CPF or SRS money
SRS, Cash & CPF
27.2% of net fees
Syfe Robo Advisor – Our Verdict
Syfe is one of the youngest Robo advisors in the market. It is also the only Robo advisor in Singapore that offers a REIT-specific portfolio.
The platform also charges the lowest fees when compared to its peers. Syfe also creates personalized and risk-adjusted portfolios that help users invest with confidence.
Syfe stands out in the investment market due to its exceptional portfolios that cater to different investment objectives and preferences. Its low fees and no minimum investment are a great option for beginner investors looking for diversified portfolios. The platform also caters to investors of different levels as well.
- Syfe offers a range of financial products to choose from to help you reach your financial goals
- The platform charges an annual management fee of 0.35% to 0.65 %
- Its ideal for beginner investors due is not a minimum investment policy
- It offers a free consultation with a wealth expert before you start investing with them
Looking for a loan? Loan Advisor is the ultimate resource for those who need loans. We provide different quotes from top lenders in Singapore, and we’ll respond promptly with one that matches your needs. Just fill out the simple form to request quotes.
Is SYFE a Good Investment?
Yes. Syfe offers investors a chance to invest in stocks, bonds, REITs and other assets while managing the risk to ensure their users get the best out of their investment.
Does Singapore Regulate SYFE?
Yes. Syfe is regulated by the Monetary Authority of Singapore and is a licensed user of the Capital MarketsServices for retail fund management.
Will SYFE Close Down?
It is highly unlikely that Syfe will close down; however, if Syfe shuts down, keep in mind that your assets and money are help separately from Syfe assets, which means that Syfe will never use your funds.
Does Syfe Have Any Professional Indemnity Insurance (PII) Coverage?
Yes. The MAS regulates the platform and has complied with all its requirements to maintain the PII coverage required by the CMS license requirement.
Is Syfe Audited?
Yes, the brokerage firm is audited by four big firms
What are the Benefits of Being a Syfe Private Wealth Client?
Private wealth clients get the best digital wealth management with customized investment advisory by industry experts. They enjoy low fees and access to different products and services not available to most retail clients.
Syfe’s private wealth offers:
- A dedicated wealth advisor
- Goal-based financial planning and asset allocation advice
- Customized portfolios and solutions
- Access to intuitional and accredited investors
- Access to investment portfolios at the lowest possible fees
Customer Top Reviews