DBS Woman’s World Credit Card
Best for Frequent Online Shoppers Who Wants To Maximize Rewards
DBS Woman’s World Credit Card
Every S$5 Spent
Need retail therapy for a quick pick-me-up? The DBS Woman’s World Card might be just the best credit card in Singapore for online shopping. It offers up to 10 DBS Points for every S$5 spent online and overseas. Plus, you have the option to convert big purchases into installments at 0% interest.
The DBS Woman’s World Card is best for online shoppers looking to maximize rewards.
DBS Woman's World Credit Card Rewards
- Earn up to 10x DBS Points (or 20 miles) per S$5 spent on online
- Get 3x DBS Points (or 6 miles) on overseas purchases
- Earn 1x DBS Point (or 2 miles) on other local spend
- Complimentary e-Commerce Protection for online purchases
- 0% interest payment plans over 6 months
- 10x DBS Points (or 20 miles) for every S$5 online spend. Capped at S$2,000 online spend per calendar month. Equivalent to 8,000 miles per calendar month.
- Base earn rate: 1 DBS Point for every S$5 spent on local spend; 3 DBS Points for every S$5 spent on overseas transactions.
- Enjoy 15% off hotel bookings at Expedia with promo code ‘DBSMC15’. Booking period from 15 July 2021 to 14 September 2021. Stay Period from 15 July to 31 March 2022.
- 10% off ECLAT by Oui with promo code ‘WMC + first 6 digits of DBS Woman’s Card’. Valid till 31 December 2021.
- 10% off single services at Browhaus- The Brow Salon. Valid till 31 December 2021.
Pros & Cons
- 0% interest payment plans for over 6 months available
- Attractive rewards for online shopping
- e-Commerce Protection on online purchases
- Lacks travel perks
- Average rewards for local spending
- Limited rewards categories
How to Apply
21 years old and above
Minimum Annual Income
Singapore or Foreigners
Fees and Charges
|Fee waiver||Waive for First Year|
|Annual Interest Rate||26.9% p.a.|
|Late Payment Fee||S$100|
|Cash Advance Fee||S$15 or 8%, whichever is highest|
|Minimum Monthly Spend / Monthly Payment:||S$50 or 3%, whichever is highest|
|Foreign Currency Transaction Fee||3.25%|
Existing DBS Credit Card Member
- There is no additional requirement required. You can log into your DBS Internet Banking to apply.
New DBS Credit Card Member (Singaporean/Permanent Residents)
- A copy of your NRIC (front and back)
- Latest 3 months payslips or 3 months CPF Contribution History Statement
- Latest 1-year Income Tax Notice Assessment
- Proof of residences such as utility bill
- For employees with less than 3 months of service: a copy of Staff Pass and latest computerized payslips
Disclaimer: This information may differ from what you see when you visit other financial service websites or the product’s official site, but Loan Advisor continues to keep every detail updated and accurate. This site may be compensated through third-party advertisers. However, the results of our comparison tools which are not marked as sponsored will always be based on objective analysis.
How Does It Compare With Other Credit Cards In Singapore?
|Credit Card||Rewards||Cashback||Annual Interest||Minimum Spend||Minimum Income Requirement|
|DBS woman’s World Card|
S$5= Up to 10x DBS points on online spend
S$5= 1x DBS Point base earn rate on local spend
S$5=3x DBS Points on overseas spend
|Citi Cash Back Card+ Mastercard||N/A|
1.6% cashback on eligible spend
Unlimited cashback cap
|American Express True Cashback Card||N/A||3.0% cashback welcome offer (minimum spend of S$5,000 in 6 months)||26.90%||S$0|
|Citi Rewards Card|
S$1=10x points on online spending, including food deliveries and groceries
S$1=10x points on Grab and Gojek
S$1=1x point on all other purchases
|American Express Singapore Airlines KriFlyer Credit Card|
S$1=1.1 Miles on local spend
S$1=2 miles on overseas spend
S$1= 3.1 miles on Grab rides
|Standard Chartered Unlimited Cashback Credit Card||N/A|
Up to 1.5% cashback on eligible spend
Unlimited cashback cap
Benefits and Challenges
If you’re a frequent online shopper, you will be rewarded when you use the DBS Woman’s World Card. Aside from earning up to 10x DBS Points for every S$5 spent online, you can also earn points through local and overseas spend. Plus, you’ll enjoy exclusive discounts and gifts in beauty, wellness, and fashion.
Here are some of its pros:
- Sign-Up Bonus Points: When you apply online via digibank or Myinfo with Singpass, you can get S$200 cashback. All you have to do is use the promo code ‘200CASH’ on your online application. Valid until 30 September 2021.
- High Rewards For Online Spending: Earn up to 10x DBS Points for every S$5 spent on online transactions. Plus, you’ll also earn 3x DBS Points for overseas purchases.
- 0% Interest Payment Plans: With the DBS Woman’s World Card, you can buy now, and pay later. Pay off large purchases in small, hassle-free monthly repayments. Pay 0% interest for up to 6 months.
- Safe Online Purchases: The DBS Woman’s World Card offers complimentary e-Commerce Protection on online purchases. This means you’re protected in case of incomplete delivery, non-delivery, or damaged items.
- Promotions and Privileges: As a cardholder, you’ll enjoy special discounts and offers at restaurants, beauty salons, online stores, and more.
Is there a drawback to using the DBS Woman’s World Card?
- High Rewards are Limited to Online: One of the few cons of using this rewards credit card is that its high shopping rewards are limited to online.
- General Rewards Rates are Low: Offline, local, and overseas transactions have far lesser rewards points. In fact, you can only earn 1x DBS Points for local spending.
- Lacks Travel Perks: The DBS Woman’s World Card does have several benefits, however, it lacks travel perks and privileges. For instance, it doesn’t have travel insurance and airport lounge access.
- High Income Requirement: Lastly, this card has a high salary income requirement of S$80,000.
The DBS Woman’s World Card is an attractive rewards card because of its high earn rate for online spending. So if you spend several hundred dollars every month on online shopping, you’ll be able to maximize the rewards offered by this credit card.
Plus, if you foresee making a large purchase in the future and would like to avail of the 0% interest payment plan, the DBS Woman’s World Card is worth considering.
However, to even qualify for this rewards card, you’ll need to earn more than S$80,000 a year. It’s quite a steep requirement to meet. Additionally, the DBS points will expire after a year, which is shorter compared to other rewards cards.
That said, there are other cards that offer similar benefits.
Try the Citi Rewards Card which offers 10x points for every S$1 spent on online shopping, groceries, and food deliveries. Plus, its minimum income requirement is S$30,000, which is the average for entry-level credit cards.
A Few Things To Consider
You can only earn 10x DBS Points on the first S$2,000 online transaction per month
This means if you already spent a total of S$2,000, you’ll only get 1x DBS point for every S$5 spent after that, regardless of where the transaction was made.
The rest of the 9x DBS Points will be awarded to your credit card account on the 16th of the next calendar month.
You can only earn 1x DBS Point for every S$5 spent locally and in real life
If you shop at malls, you’ll be earning a low rate. For all other retail purchases outside of online shops, you’ll only get a 1x DBS point for every S$5.
0% interest only applies to a maximum of 5 purchases
Don’t be too excited about the 0% interest payment plan feature. You can only avail of it with a minimum purchase of S$500. Plus, it only applies to a maximum of 5 purchases. Lastly, you won’t earn DBS points with deferred payments.
DBS Woman's World Card FAQs
How Do I Check The Status of My Application?
- You can check your card approval status by simply logging into Internet Banking.
- Go to Apply>More Application Services> Select “View Application Status”
If you have more questions, you can chat with the DBS’ virtual assistant or live chat agents. Simply go to dbs.com.sg/livechat.
Note: The card approval process usually takes 7 working days. Make sure to provide all the required documents. Incomplete documents or application form will cause a delay in processing.
Where Can I Find The Updated Credit Card and Unsecured Credit Rules?
You can click here for the updated consumer guide from the Association of Banks in Singapore (ABS).
What Do I Need To Know About DBS Points?
Any DBS Points you earn from DBS Woman’s World Card must be redeemed within 12 months. After that, all DBS points earned within that year will expire. That said, monitor your points’ balance closely.
Take a look at the table below for reference:
|DBS Points Earned Between||DBS Points Expiry Date|
|1 Jan – 31 Mar 2020||31 Mar 2021|
|1 Apr – 30 Jun 2020||30 Jun 2021|
|1 Jul – 30 Sep 2020||30 Sep 2021|
|1 Oct – 31 Dec 2020||31 Dec 2021|
Additionally, you can pool together DBS Points on different cards for redemption.
For instance, if you have 10,000 DBS points on a DBS Altitude Card and another 10,000 DBS points on the DBS Woman’s World Card, you can redeem a total of 20,000 points in one shot. By doing so, you’ll be paying a single conversion fee.
What Transactions are Not Eligible For DBS Points?
The following transactions will not earn you any DBS Points:
- Bill payments and all transactions via AXS, SAM, eNETS
- Payments to educational institutions
- Payment to government institutions and services (court cases, fines, bail and bonds, tax payment, postal services, parking lots and garages, intra-government purchases and any other government services not classified here)
- Payment to insurance companies (sales, underwriting, and premiums)
- Payments to financial institutions (including banks and brokerages)
- Payment to non-profit organisations
- Payments to hospitals
- Payments to utilities
- Betting (including lottery tickets, casino gaming chips, off-track betting, and wagers at race tracks) through any channel
- Any top-ups or payment of funds to payment service providers, prepaid cards and any prepaid accounts (including EZ-Link, NETS FlashPay, Razer Pay, ShopeePay, Singtel Dash and Transit Link)
- Instalment payment plan purchases, preferred payment plans, balance transfer, fund transfer, cash advances, annual fees, interest, late payment charges, all fees charged by DBS, miscellaneous charges imposed by DBS (unless otherwise stated in writing by DBS).
Can I use my DBS Points to Pay For Annual Fees?
Yes, you can. However, you need to redeem the points 1 month before the annual fee due date. Take a look at the fee waiver section of the DBS’ Rewards page and choose your credit card.
Note: You will still see the annual fee in your credit card statement upon the due date. But it will be reversed in the next month’s card statement.
- The DBS Woman’s World Card is best for online shoppers looking to maximize rewards.
- With this credit card, you can earn up to 10x DBS Points (or 20 miles) per S$5 spent on online
- The DBS Points from the DBS Woman’s World Card expire in 1 year.
- Lastly, if you have large purchases, you can avail of the 0% interest payment plans over 6 months
Before applying for the DBS Woman’s World Card, consider your spending habits. If you have a large number of online transactions, then this credit card is worth considering. With an earn rate of 10x points per S$5 spent on online transactions, this rewards card is a good option.
However, be careful when chasing rewards. Make sure to keep within budget or else your credit card debt may get out of hand. Remember, failing to pay credit card bills on time can lead to high interest and late fees.
If you need financial assistance, you may seek the loan services of licensed moneylenders in Singapore. To help you choose the most suitable loan plans, request up to three loan quotes from Loan Advisor. They are the top loan comparison site in Singapore with the most up-to-date information about the best licensed money lenders.
Customer Top Reviews