Best for Financial Planning
Annual Management fee
Expected Annual Return
Wealthfront is the best choice of Robo-advisors for your financial planning. It is one of the original Robo-advisors in the market, with over 450,000 users and over $28 billion assets under management.
The platform offers a customized portfolio with cryptocurrency funds and ETFs with a free digital financial planning tool similar to human planners. However, Wealthfront does not have human financial advisors, and it is also difficult to connect with a live product specialist.
- Offers holistic financial advice with automated investment management that attracts experienced Wealthfront investors. Wealthfront has helpful planning tools, diversified automated portfolios, and advanced tax optimization strategies.
- The portfolios are divided into five different asset classes: developed economy international stocks, domestic stocks, dividend stocks, emerging markets, and municipal bonds. The platform also has other low find asset classes to create a low-cost, diversified portfolio.
- Wealthfront offer Socially Responsible Investing (SRI) and cryptocurrency. SRI is ideal for investors interested in iShares ESG Aware MSCI (ESGU), which invests in large to mid-size US companies. At the same time, crypto fans can invest in Grayscale Ethereum Trust (ETHE) and Grayscale Bitcoin Trust (GBTC).
- Wealthfront offers account aggregation with a feature called Pilot that works with Path. When you deposit your check with Wealthfront, the algorithm will determine your dollars’ Path. The feature helps increase your emergency savings fund while allocating the rest to earn a decent return.
- Wealthfront offers a cash management account that operates like a standard checking account, but its interest rates are similar to a savings account. It charges no monthly maintenance fees or ATM fees and earns an APY of 0.35%, almost eight times the national average.
- Wealthfront offers credit to its customers with at least $25,000 in their account. Investors can borrow 30% of your portfolio value, credit checks, or sans fees. Credit application takes less than 30 seconds to fill and charges an annual interest rate of 2.40% and 3.65%.
When you open an investment account with Wealthfront, you get free asset management for assets above $5,000.
Pros & Cons
- Free management for the first $5,000
- Daily tax-loss harvesting
- Low ETF expense ratios
- Automatic rebalancing
- Ideal for hands-offer investors
- Free financial tools
- Offers college savings plan management
- Offers diversified portfolios
- Direct stocks indexing for investment accounts with $100,000 and above
- No large balance discounts
- Does not offer fractional shares
- It does not offer a human advisor option
- No online chat
Other Fees and Charges
Account minimum: You require a minimum of $500 to open a Wealthfront investment account.
Advisory assets of 0.25% of assets. Therefore, an account with a balance of $10,000 will pay about $25 per year.
College savings account fees range from 0.42% and 0.46% and also include 0.25% advisory fee plus administration fees and expense ratios.
Expense ratios are charged on ETFs and mutual funds. Wealthfront uses the range of about 0.03% to 0.39%.
Wealthfront offers a line of credit of $25,000 investment minimum with an APR of between 2.40% and 3.65%.
Management fees for $5,000 account
Management fees for $25,000 account
Management fees for $100,000 account
Average 0.08% to 0.11% for portfolios that include the Wealthfront Risk Parity Fund
Disclaimer: This information may differ from what you see when you visit other financial service websites or the product’s official site, but Loan Advisor continues to keep every detail updated and accurate. This site may be compensated through third-party advertisers. However, the results of our comparison tools which are not marked as sponsored will always be based on objective analysis.
How Does Wealthfront Compare with Other Robo-Advisors in Singapore?
Minimum Initial Investment
Annual Management fees
Expected Annual return
No minimum investment
0.8% (Up to $25,000)
1% (Up to $10,000)/ 0.7% (more than $10,000)
0.60% for first $200,000
0.40% flat fee for any amount for CPF or SRS money
SRS, Cash & CPF
Wealthfront – Our Verdict
Wealthfront is one of the original Robo advisors and is one of the best in goal planning. Wealthfront recently added 200 ETFs to their portfolio that investors can add to their existing portfolios to increase their earnings. It is also an excellent platform for investors who want crypto exposure, especially in Bitcoin and Grayscale’s Ethereum funds.
How Do I Create a Wealthfront Account?
Opening an account with Wealthfront is relatively easy. It will take you less than 5 minutes to finish the process. Here are the steps to follow:
- Go to the Wealthfront website. Click on “Get started.”
- Then select either ‘Investor ‘Banking.’
- Add your name, phone number, and email address.
- Take a brief financial goal and risk quiz
- They choose the account ownership structure with options from individual and joint brokerage accounts, Simple Employee Pension (SEP), Roth, traditional, trusts, and rollover individual retirement accounts (IRAs) to the 529 accounts.
- Fill in your standard ages, net worth, income, and risk questions.
- View the portfolios by decreasing or increasing risk tolerance using a slider. You can ‘Edit” your portfolio to add or remove your investments.
- Link your bank account with your Wealthfront account.
- After that, you can access the Wealthfront digital financial planning tools such as Path to start investing in. However, you will need to first reach $500 before starting to invest in a selected portfolio.
Wealthfront is the ideal Robo-advisor for a retail investor looking for a comprehensive investment solution but at a low fee. The platform is relatively easy to use and fully automated. The platform keeps coming up with easy-to-use tools that make it an all-digital trading platform. Its financial planning feature help investors create their portfolio using the Modern Portfolio Theory and manage it.
- Wealthfront offers Smart Beta, Socially Responsible, Core, Risk Parity, and customized portfolios.
- Wealthfront is the ideal Robo advisor for goal planning.
- Wealthfront cash accounts offer up to $1 million FDIC insurance.
If you are looking for a loan, Loan Advisor got your back! Contact us now, and we will respond promptly with different quotes from top money lenders in Singapore that match your
Is It Safe to Invest in Wealthfront?
Wealthfront accounts are protected by $1,000,000 FDIC insurance through its members, and its accounts are protected with up to$ 500,000 insurances by the SIPC.
Can You Lose Money with Wealthfront?
You can lose more funds than you deposited in your margin account. If there is a decline in the value of securities purchased on margin, they may require you to provide additional funds to avoid a forced sale of those securities or other assets on your margin account (S).
Can You Make Money with Wealthfront?
Wealthfront uses research-based algorithms to help develop the perfect investment portfolio for you. The platform then applies tax optimization strategies to help reduce the tax burden.
When Does Wealthfront Buy or Sell Investments?
Wealthfront buys and sells ETFs and stocks between 10 am and 3 pm on business days but closes an hour early before the market closes. If you have opted into Risk Parity and your portfolio has mutual funds, you can only trade once a day after market close.
What Is the Wealthfront Cash Account?
Wealth front offers three types of cash accounts. They include:
Individual Cash Account
The individual cash account combines savings and checking features all in one account. Here you can deposit your paycheck, pay bills, use your debits card and earn interest on your entire balance.
Joint and Trust Cash Accounts
These accounts offer 0.10% APY, FDIC insurance for up to $1,000,000 through unlimited free transfers, partner banks, and $1 minimum to open an account.
It is important to note that Wealthfront does not currently offer separate login for the Joint account. You can only access the account using a single user profile. The person who owns the account has equal ownership of the account.
The account owner can view that account bank balance by logging into their Wealthfront profile and linking the joint account to their dashboard.
Customer Top Reviews