UOB Visa Signature Review
Best for Average Spenders Who Want To Maximize Their Purchases
UOB Visa Signature Review
The UOB Visa Signature Card makes it fairly easy for average spenders to maximize their rewards. You can earn up to 10x UNI$ per S$5 spent on overseas transactions, including online spending. Not a frequent traveler? You can still earn up to 10x UNI$ per S$5 spent on petrol and contactless transaction
POSB Everyday Credit Card Rewards
- Earn up to 10X UNI$ on overseas, online, petrol, and contactless transactions when you reach the min. spend of S$1,000 per statement period.
- Earn 1X UNI$ on all other expenses. There is no cap on the amount of UNI$ you can earn on this tier.
- S$124 annual fee is waived for the first year.
- Earn up to 10% instant cashback on all purchases in-store at participating outlets with the new UOB$ Rebate Program.
- Complimentary travel insurance coverage when you travel with UOB Visa Signature Card
- More savings with UOB Fuel Power. Up to 20.8% savings at Shell and up to 24% savings at SPC with UOB cards.
- 20% off a la carte menu at Club 5, PARKROYAL on Beach Road
- 20% off festive a la carte takeaway goodies from 1 Dec 2021 to 15 February 2022 at Si Chuan Dou Hua Restaurant
- 10% off total bill at Baker & Cook
- S$8 off with a min. spend of S$16 for new Shopee customers.
- S$4 off with a min. spend of S$40 for existing Shopee customers.
- S$5 off with a minimum spend of S$100 every Friday to Sunday at Sheng Siong Online
- Additional S$50 off with a minimum net spend of S$500 at La Mer
- Public Conveyance Personal Accident coverage of S$500,000
- Emergency Medical Assistance, Evacuation, and Repatriation coverage of up to S$50,000
- Generous 10x UNI$ bonus earn on overseas, online, petrol, and contactless transactions, including Visa payWave and with mobile wallets
- Earn up to 10% cashback from all purchases at participating outlets with the UOB$ Rebate Program.
- Flexible redemption options. For instance, you can convert your UNI$ to cash rebates or redeem for air miles, dining, shopping, and travel vouchers.
- An annual fee waiver is available for the first year.
- Significant petrol discounts. Save up to 20.8% at Shell and 24% at SPC.
- General spend only earns 1x UNI$ or 2 miles per S$1 spent.
- Must spend a minimum of S$1,000 overseas and S$1,000 local spend to earn maximum bonus rewards.
- Petrol savings are limited to Shell and SPC.
- Few travel perks.
How to Apply
Minimum Age: At least 21 years old
Minimum Annual Income:
- Singapore Citizen and Permanent Residents: S$50,000
- Foreigners: S$80,000
Singapore Citizen/Permanent Resident
- NRIC (front and back)
- Income documents, such as the latest Income Tax Notice of Assessment or the latest computerized payslip
- Latest billing proof – at least 6 months, such as telephone bill or utility bill.
- Valid Passport (with at least 6 months’ validity)
- Employment Pass (with at least 6 months’ validity)
- Latest billing proof – at least 6 months, such as telephone bill or utility bill
- Income documents, such as the latest computerized payslip or company letter certifying employment and monthly salary dated within 3 months
The full list of documents required can be found here.
- S$214 yearly^
- First year card free waiver
- FREE first card
- S$107^ yearly subsequent card
Fees are inclusive of Singapore’s prevailing Goods & Services Tax (GST)
Disclaimer: This information may differ from what you see when you visit other financial service websites or the product’s official site, but Loan Advisor continues to keep every detail updated and accurate. This site may be compensated through third-party advertisers. However, the results of our comparison tools which are not marked as sponsored will always be based on objective analysis.
How UOB Visa Signature Compare With Other Credit Cards in Singapore?
Minimum Spend per Month
UOB Visa Signature Card
10X UNI$ per S$5 spend on overseas, online transactions, petrol, and contactless payments
1X UNI$ on all other spends
Up to 10% cash rebate with UOB$ Rebate Program
S$1,000 minimum foreign currencies spend
S$1,000 local spend
UNI$4,000/statement period for all spending in foreign currency transactions, petrol, and contactless payment
No cap for all other spend
Citi Cash Back+ Mastercard
1.6% cashback on eligible spend
Standard Chartered Smart Credit Card
6% cashback from Netflix, Spotify, fast food joints, and more
Citi PremierMiles Card
S$1 = 1.2 miles for local spend
S$1 = 2 miles for overseas spend
S$1 = Up to 10 miles for select online hotel bookings
Standard Chartered Unlimited Cashback Credit Card
Up to 1.5% cashback on eligible spend
American Express True Cashback Card
1.5% cashback on all purchases
Welcome bonus of 3.0% cashback for the first 6 months (min. spend of S$5,000 in 6 months)
The UOB Visa Signature Card stands out from the other credit cards on the list by allowing cardmembers to earn rewards from both foreign and local currency spending. If you can meet both minimums (S$1,000 locally and S$1,000 overseas), you can earn maximum rewards.
Plus, UOB Visa Signature Card offers 1x UNI$ or 2 miles for all other expenses. This is still higher than Citi PremierMiles Card which only offers 1.2 miles per S$1 local spend. However, with the Citi PremierMiles Card, you don’t have to worry about meeting a min spend.
UOB Visa Signature Card– Our Verdict
If you tend to spend more on shopping online or you frequently travel overseas, then you can reap the maximum rewards of the UOB Visa Signature Card. This credit card promises more reward points on foreign currency spend and online shopping. You can also earn 10X UNI$ per S$5 spend on petrol and contactless payments.
The catch? You need to reach the dual S$1,000 min spend. This means splitting your spend equally – overseas and local, or allocating all your spending to either one. If you have a more diverse spending habit, you might fail to reach either minimum. This means earning just 1x UNI$ or 2 miles per S$1.
When choosing a credit card, you need to consider your spending habits and lifestyle. With the Visa Signature Card, you can earn up to 10X UNI$ or 20 miles per S$5 spent overseas, online, petrol, and contactless transactions. This is a good option if you spend more on these categories and can hit the dual S$1,000 min spend requirement.
On the other hand, with the UOB Visa Infinite Metal Card, you can earn up to 2 miles per S$1 spent overseas and 1.4 miles per S$1 spent locally. This means you can earn up to 10 miles per S$5 overseas spend.
Additionally, the 25,000 welcome miles when you pay the annual fee is also very attractive for those who travel frequently. However, to qualify for this card, you need a minimum annual income of S$150,000.
Yes. As long as you make your online purchases using your UOB Visa Signature Card, you are covered for possible losses up to USD $200 or USD $1,000 per claim per year.
UOB Visa Signature cardholders have complimentary travel insurance. However, they do not have complimentary lounge access.
The UOB Visa Signature Card promises attractive rewards for overseas and online purchases. However, there is a maximum cap on the amount of UNI$ you can earn per statement period. So before you apply, make sure to take into account your spending habits and lifestyle.
- With UOB Visa Signature Card, you can earn up to 10X UNI$ on overseas, online, petrol, and contactless transactions.
- You have to reach the min spend requirement of S$1,000 for overseas spend as well as S$1,000 minimum local spend.
- You can earn up to 10% instant cashback on all purchases in-store at participating outlets with the new UOB$ Rebate Program
Are you currently looking for a loan plan but unsure which one is right for you? At Loan Advisor, you can compare different loan packages from the top licensed moneylenders in Singapore to find the best rates and terms for your needs. Request up to three loan quotes today!
Customer Top Reviews