Standard Chartered X Card Review
Best for Affluent Individuals Who Want Flexible Reward Redemption
Standard Chartered X Card Review
Launched in 2019, the Standard Chartered X Card is attractive to affluent individuals who are looking for flexible reward redemptions. Cardholders can choose whether to convert their 360°Rewards Points for air miles, cash rewards, and travel credits. On top of that, this Standard Chartered X Card also offers a sign-up welcome bonus of 30,000 miles. However, it has a very high and non-waivable annual fee of S$695.5.
Standard Chartered Spree Credit Card Rewards
- Enjoy a welcome gift of 30,000 bonus miles.
- Get rewarded with more miles of up to 2 miles with every S$1 spent.
- Enjoy flexible redemption of air miles, cash rewards, and travel credits
- Get 6 months of Disney+ subscriptions when you successfully activate your card.
- 360°Rewards points never expire
- Enjoy 2 complimentary Priority Pass lounges around the world every year.
- Complimentary travel insurance coverage of up to S$1,000,000
- Annual fee of S$695.50 is strictly non-waivable
- Enjoy up to 30% off your dining bill at participating restaurants at Marina Bay Sands with your X Card. Promotion date until 31 December 2021.
- eCommerce Purchase Protection up to USD$1,000 per claim.
- Visa Privileges include exclusive hotel and resort rewards at The St. Regis, Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts, and Mandarin Oriental.
- Enjoy 30% off green at participating golf clubs in Asia Pacific Region
- Earn up to 300,000 bonus welcome miles
- Get rewarded with more miles – up to 2 miles per S$1 overseas spend
- Two complimentary Priority Pass lounge access at over 1,000 airports worldwide every year
- Flexible rewards redemption – you may use your 360°Rewards Points to redeem air miles, cashback, or travel credits
- SC EasyBill – get cashback/rewards points on IRAS, Education, Insurance & Rental payment.
- High annual fee of S$695.50 is strictly non-waivable.
- Lower rewards rates than other luxury cards
How to Apply
Minimum Age: 21 to 65 years old
Minimum Annual Income:
- For Priority/Private Banking customers: S$30,000
- For all other customers: S$80,000
Foreigners must be holders of P1, P2, or Q type Singapore Employment Pass
Q Pass holders must have a minimum valid one year validity remaining on their passes.
For existing Standard Chartered Credit Card Owners
- No documents are required
- If then there has been a recent change to your income, please submit your updated documents for review during the application process
For new customers or existing customers with change(s) in income/employment
For SingPass holders applying with MyInfo
- No documents are required
For salaried employees:
- Copy of NRIC (front and back)
- Latest computerized payslip OR
- Latest 6 months’ CPF Contribution History Statement OR
- Copy of NRIC (front and back)
- Copy of 2-year income tax notice of assessment (must be in business for a minimum of 2 years)
For commission earner (any one from below)
- Latest 3 months payslip + Latest income tax notice of assessment
- Latest 6 months CPF contribution history statement
- Latest 3 months payslip
- Copy of 2-year income tax notice of assessment ( For 100% commission earner)
For new foreign customers or existing foreign customers with change(s) in income/employment
- Copy of Passport (with at least 6 months validity)
- Copy of your Employment Pass
- Any ONE of the following documents:
- Latest utility bill, rates, or tax bill
- Latest bank/credit card statement (e-Statements are accepted)
- Rental agreement showing your address
- Latest mobile phone statement or pay-TV statement
- Letter from employer stating the current address
- Government-issued document stating current address (e.g. IRAS, CPF, ICA)
- Latest computerized payslip
- Latest Income Tax Notice Assessment or latest 3 months of commission statement from the same employer
Principal card : S$695.50 including GST.
Supplementary card : S$107 including GST.
(Annual fee is strictly non-waivable)
Effective Interest Rate (“EIR”): 26.9% per annum (minimum). If payment is not made in full by the due date, finance charges will be calculated on a daily basis at 0.074% from the respective transaction dates for all transactions to the date the payment is received.
Your cash advance fee per transaction is 6% on the Cash Advance, subject to a minimum fee of $15 plus Finance Charges at 0.082% per day on the amount withdrawn from the date of the transaction until the date of full payment.
A late payment charge of S$100 will be charged if minimum payment due is not received by the due date.
Disclaimer: This information may differ from what you see when you visit other financial service websites or the product’s official site, but Loan Advisor continues to keep every detail updated and accurate. This site may be compensated through third-party advertisers. However, the results of our comparison tools which are not marked as sponsored will always be based on objective analysis.
How Standard Chartered X Account Compare With Other Credit Cards in Singapore?
Minimum Spend per Month
Standard Chartered X Credit Card
S$1 = 1.2 miles (1.2% cashback) for local spend
S$1 = 2 miles (2% cashback) for overseas spend
Every 250 360°Rewards Points gives you S$1 worth of travel credits
Citi Cash Back+ Mastercard
1.6% cashback on eligible spend
Standard Chartered Smart Credit Card
6% cashback from Netflix, Spotify, fast food joints, and more
Citi PremierMiles Card
S$1 = 1.2 miles for local spend
S$1 = 2 miles for overseas spend
S$1 = Up to 10 miles for select online hotel bookings
American Express True Cashback Card
1.5% cashback on all purchases
Welcome bonus of 3.0% cashback for the first 6 months (min. spend of S$5,000 in 6 months)
Standard Chartered Unlimited Cashback Credit Card
Up to 1.5% cashback on eligible spend
There’s not much to be excited about the Standard Chartered X Credit Card since it offers pretty standard rewards points. In fact, it’s not much different from other Standard Chartered Credit Cards.
Aside from the 35,000 bonus welcome miles, the X Card only offers an average rate of 1.2 miles or 1.2% cashback for every S$1 local spend and 2 miles or 2% cashback per S$1 foreign currency spend. Compared to other credit cards, such as the Citi Cash Back+ Mastercard, you can earn up to 6% cashback on eligible transactions.
Standard Chartered X Credit Card – Our Verdict
The Standard Chartered X Card lets cardholders earn rewards points. This means they can opt to redeem cashback, miles, or travel credits. However, despite the flexible rewards redemption, it’s a generic credit card with average earn rates. With the X Card, there aren’t a lot of ways to accelerate your miles accumulation, such as making online travel bookings.
However, you can opt to redeem cash back or travel credits instead of air miles. Additionally, with the X Card, you can enjoy privileges such as lounge access and complimentary travel insurance. With a high S$695.50 non-waivable annual fee, this X Card is for affluent Individuals who want flexible reward redemption.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The SC EasyRewards Programme allows Standard Chartered Visa Infinite X Credit Cardholders to use their 360°Rewards Points to offset Travel Purchase Qualifying Transactions. They can also use their rewards points to redeem for participating hotel partners’ loyalty points or participating airline partners’ miles rewards.
To be eligible for the SC EasyRewards Programme, you must have a valid Standard Chartered Visa Infinite X Card.
Note: Each hotel or airline points transfer transaction request is subject to a transfer fee of S$26.75
Travel Credits are cash amounts credited into the principal cardholder’s X Card account. You can use these credits to offset Travel Purchase Qualifying Transactions. For every 250 points redeemed by X Cardholders, S$1 worth of Travel Credits will be credited to the X Card account.
You can access SC EasyRewards through the SC Mobile app or via Online Banking (https://www.sc.com/sg/).
- Annual Fees: S$695.50 (strictly non-waivable)
- Effective Interest Rate (EIR): 26.9% per annum
- Foreign Currency Transaction Fee: 3.50%
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: 6% on the cash advance, subject to a minimum fee of S$15 plus finance charges at 0.082$ per day on the amount withdrawn.
- Late Payment Charges: S$100 will be charged if the minimum credit card payments due is not received upon the due date.
Travel Purchase Qualifying Transactions are retail spends charged to your X Card classified under the Merchant Category Codes (MCC) of:
- Airline (300-3350, 4511
- Car Rental Agencies (3351-3441, 7512)
- Hotels, Motels, Resorts (3501-3836, 7011)
- Passenger Railways (3836-4112)
- Steamship and Cruise Lines (4411-4457)
- Boat Rentals and Leasing such as Jet Skis, powerboats, yachts (4457)
- Travel Agencies and Tour Operators (4722 and 4723); or
- Tourist Attractions and Exhibits such as botanical gardens, craft shows, museums, and wineries (7991)
Standard Chartered Spree Credit Card – Final Thoughts
To sum up this Standard Chartered X Card review, the main selling point of this card is the 30,000 bonus air miles welcome gift. However, it is not a solid everyday spending miles card. It only offers an average earnings of S$1 = 1.2 miles locally and S$1 = 2 miles overseas. Plus, it has a very high annual fee. On the upside, you can redeem points as cashback or travel credits instead of air miles.
- Standard Chartered Visa Infinite X Credit Card offers an attractive 30,000 bonus miles when you sign up.
- It offers a flexible reward redemption wherein you can redeem your rewards points for air miles, cashback, or travel credits.
- The X Card offers 1.2 miles or 1.2% cashback per S$1 local spend and 2 miles or 2% cashback for foreign currency spend.
- It has a card annual fee of 695.50 that is non-waivable.
- The X Card includes a Priority Pass that offers access to more than 1,000 participating airport lounges around the world.
Need extra cash?
You can take out a personal loan to fund your goals. Loan Advisor will help you conveniently compare loan packages to find the best deals. They have the most up-to-date information about the top licensed moneylenders in Singapore. Request a loan quote today!
Customer Top Reviews