Maybank eVibes Card
Best Easy-To-Use Cashback Card For Students
Maybank eVibes Card
Sign Up Gift
The Maybank eVibes card is open for tertiary students and NSFs enrolled in local tertiary institutions. With the eVibes card, the student will enjoy an unlimited 1% cash rebate on all retail transactions. It’s an easy-to-use cashback card since there are no category or merchant restrictions. Plus, there are no minimum spend requirements.
*S$50 Cashback: upon spending S$150 within the first 2 months upon card approval
- Get 1% cash rebate on all spend
- No minimum spend requirement
- This student card offers S$500 credit limit
- Quarterly service fee waiver for 2 years
- Access to Maybank TREATS discounts
- The minimum monthly repayment is 3% of the outstanding balance or S$20, whichever is higher
- Up to 7% off accommodation bookings worldwide on Agoda
Access to Maybank TREATS Program
- Enjoy up to 20% discounts on dining and entertainment, plus deals on health & wellness, online retail, travel, and more.
- Enjoy 1% cash rebates on all purchases with no category or merchant restrictions.
- Enjoy a sign-up offer of S$50 cash rebate when you spend a total of S$150 within the first two months upon approval
- No minimum spend requirement and up to S$500 credit limit
- You can use your Maybank eVibes student card to make ATM withdrawals across the globe
- Earn rewards points with the Maybank TREATS program. These points can be used on a range of goods and services.
- The quarterly service fee of S$5 is waived for two years if you use your card once every three months.
- This card is only available for tertiary students and NSFs. Low-income working adults are not eligible.
- Some credit card expenditures are not eligible for earning rewards.
- Does not have EZ-Link functionality
Disclaimer: This information may differ from what you see when you visit other financial service websites or the product’s official site, but Loan Advisor continues to keep every detail updated and accurate. This site may be compensated through third-party advertisers. However, the results of our comparison tools which are not marked as sponsored will always be based on objective analysis.
How to Apply
- Minimum Age: 18 to 30 years old
- Minimum Income: Must not exceed S$30,000
- Nationality: Singaporean Citizen or Permanent Resident
Must be an existing tertiary student or National Service Full-time (NSF) man that are accepted to these institutions: LASALLE, NAFA, NIE, NP, NTU, NUS, NYP, RP, SIT, SMU, SP, SUSS, SUTD & TP
You must not be:
- An existing Maybank Principal Credit Cardmember or CreditAble customer
- Earning S$30,000 and above per annum
Tertiary Student Accepted Documents
- Photocopy of your NRIC (front and back) AND
- Photocopy of Student ID card
NSF Man Accepted Documents
- Photocopy of SAF/SPF/SCDF11B identification card (front and back) AND
- Photocopy of acceptance letter from the tertiary institution you are going to study in.
Additional documents for applicants below 21 years old:
- Photocopy of Parent’s/Legal Guardian’s NRIC (front and back) AND
- Photocopy of Legal Documentation of Guardianship (if applicable)
How Maybank eVibes Compare with Other Student Cards in Singapore?
Cashback / Rewards
Maybank eVibes Credit Card
1% cashback on everything you buy
Up to 5% cashback on select merchants
Additional 5% green cashback on selected eco-eateries, retailers, and transport services
S$50 per month
UOB EVOL Card
8% cashback for online shopping and PayWave transactions
No annual fee as long as you make a minimum of 3 transactions every month for 12 consecutive months
S$60 per month
1X reward (0.4 air miles or about 0.4% cashback) per S$1 spent
OCBC Frank Card
6% cashback for online spending on all things
The Maybank eVibes student card is a great option for tertiary students and NSFs who want to earn an unlimited 1% cash rebate on all retail transactions. This is a highly competitive card since most student cards offer only an equivalent of 0.25% or 0.4% cash rebate.
For instance, the Citibank Clear student card only offers 0.4 air miles or about 0.4% cash rebate. DBS Live Fresh student card, on the other hand, offers a much higher 5% cashback reward but only for select merchants.
That said, the Maybank eVibes card offers much better rewards in terms of consumer spending.
With a 1% cashback on everything, Maybank eVibes student credit card stands out among its competition. This is perfect for students who don’t want to worry about the category or merchant restrictions. On top of that, it doesn’t have any minimum spend requirement and no cap on earnings.
It allows cardholders to maximize rewards. Best of all, you don’t have to worry about the annual fee since the quarterly service fee is waived for 2 years. Just make sure to use your card at least once every 3 months. This means you can earn on all your spending, maintenance-free.
It’s useful for students to have a card to use for online payments or as an emergency fund when they run out of cash. Maybank eVibes card stands out among the many student credit cards in the market. Aside from its relatively high cash rebates rate, it also doesn’t have a minimum spend requirement and no cap on earnings.
- With Maybank eVibes Card, you will earn a 1% cash rebate on all spending – no category and merchant restrictions.
- The quarterly service fee is waived for 2 years as long as you use your card at least once every 3 months.
- You can also earn additional rewards via the Maybank TREATs program which you can use to redeem goods and services.
Short on cash? You may want to apply for a personal loan in Singapore. Find the best deals at Loan Advisor. A one-stop loan comparison site, Loan Advisor offers up-to-date information about the top licensed moneylenders in Singapore. Request up to three loan quotes for free today!
Principal cardmembers can request a fee waiver for their personal credit card accounts via phone. However, the request is subject to approval. You may need to wait for an SMS within 7 business days.
To send a request to the Bank:
Simply call Maybank’s 24-hour hotline number at 1800-MAYBANK (1800-629 2265) or (65) 6533 5229 (Overseas) and follow the automated instructions.
As for the Maybank eVibes card, the annual fee will be waived if you use your card at least once every three months.
Maybank offers flexible payment methods:
- Cash payments at Maybank branches. Simply visit any of the bank’s branches in Singapore and make over-the-counter payments.
- Cheque Payment
- Interbank GIRO
- Maybank ATMs
- Maybank Cash Deposit Machines
- Maybank Mobile / Online Banking
- AXS Stations
- SingPost SAM
You can activate your new credit card via the Maybank2u SG app or SMS using your registered mobile number.
To activate via the app:
- Sign up using your Personal Credit or Debit Card details and perform First Time Login or login with your Maybank Mobile Banking details
- Under the Card Listing page, tap on the Card to activate
- Tap “Yes” under “Do you want to activate card?”
- Verify that the information displayed is Correct. Tap “CONFIRM” to continue
- Enter the SMS OTP send to mobile and tap “OK” to proceed
To activate via SMS
ACT <space><last 4 digits of your card number>, then send it to 79899:
E.g. ACT 1234
- Payments made to government or government-related institutions, agencies, or companies, or for government or government-related services, such as tax payment, postal services, etc.
- Transactions made via AXS or SAM;
- Transactions of a corporate/commercial nature;
- Payment to insurance companies or for insurance premiums;
- Cash advance;
For the full list of ineligible transactions, you can visit here.
Customer Top Reviews