DBS Live Fresh Student Card
Best for Social Young Adults With a Focused Budget
DBS Live Fresh Student Card
Sign Up Gift
Minimum Monthly Repayment
100% targeted at young adults, the DBS Live Fresh Student Card offers 5% cash rebates on your favorite brands and favorite music, movies, and TV series streaming services. On top of that, it also offers up to 5% cashback on online and VISA contactless spending. However, it only offers 0.3% cashback on general spend and has a cashback cap of S$50 per month.
- Singapore’s first eco-friendly credit card made from 85.5% recycled plastic
- Get up to 5% cashback on your favorite brands, music, movies, and TV series streaming services.
- Additional 5% green cashback on selected eco-eateries, retailers, and transport services.
- Automatically get up to 5% cashback on your online and VISA contactless spend.
- Earn 0.3% cashback on all other spend
- Cashback cap at S$50 per month.
- Annual fee of S$192.60. An annual fee waiver for the first five years is available.
- Enjoy an additional S$6 off dining vouchers with a minimum spend of S$70 at ChopeDeals for new users. Enter promo code NEWDBS
- S$7 sign-up bonus at Deliveroo via ShopBack voucher
- S$5 off first order at WhyQ for new users while existing users can enjoy 10% off all orders
- 1-for-1 on selected cakes and pastries of the day for dine-in and takeaway at Wildseed Café
Online and VISA contactless shopping
- Automatically get up to 5% cashback.
- 9% off hotel bookings with promo code DBSSG9
- 5% off “Things to do” bookings with promo code DBSSG5
- S$15 off on flight and hotel package bookings with a minimum spend of S$500 with promo code DBSSG15
- 6% off on hotel bookings with promo code DBSSG6
- Extra 5% green cashback on selected eco-eateries, retailers, and transport services.
Pros & Cons
- Enjoy 5% cash rebates on select merchants and an additional 5% rebate on sustainable spend
- No minimum spend requirement
- Annual fee is waived for five full years
- Pay for bus and train rides with Simplygo
- No minimum income required
- Just 0.3% cash rebates on general spend
- Total cashback rewards are capped at just S$50 per month
- Cap is further split into 3 categories: S$15 on eligible sustainable spend, S$15 on eligible merchant spend, and S$20 on all other spend.
- No perks for everyday spend like groceries, shopping, petrol, or utilities
How to Apply
- Minimum Age: 21-27 years old
- Minimum Income: No minimum income is required
- Nationality: Singaporean Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Not have an existing DBS/POSB credit card or another unsecured facility with DBS or POSB
- Be an existing student from National University of Singapore (NUS), Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore Management University (SMU), Singapore Institute of Management (SIM), Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD), Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT), Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS), Nanyang Polytechnic (NYP), Ngee Ann Polytechnic (NP), Temasek Polytechnic (TP), Singapore Polytechnic (SP) or Republic Polytechnic (RP)
- Photocopy of your NRIC (front and back)
- Photocopy of your student matriculation card (front and back)
Disclaimer: This information may differ from what you see when you visit other financial service websites or the product’s official site, but Loan Advisor continues to keep every detail updated and accurate. This site may be compensated through third-party advertisers. However, the results of our comparison tools which are not marked as sponsored will always be based on objective analysis.
How DBS Live Fresh Compare With Other Student Cards in Singapore?
Cashback / Rewards
DBS Live Fresh Student Card
Up to 5% cashback on select merchants
Additional 5% green cashback on selected eco-eateries, retailers, and transport services
S$50 per month
UOB EVOL Card
8% cashback for online shopping and PayWave transactions
No annual fee as long as you make a minimum of 3 transactions every month for 12 consecutive months
S$60 per month
1% cashback on everything you buy
1X reward (0.4 air miles or about 0.4% cashback) per S$1 spent
OCBC Frank Card
6% cashback for online spending on all things
The DBS Live Fresh Student Card has some serious competition in the market. With this student card, you can enjoy up to 5% cashback on select merchants, such as McDonald’s McDelivery, Starbucks, and your favorite music, movies, and TV series streaming services. If you enjoy shopping online or using Visa contactless, you will also automatically enjoy up to 5% cash back.
However, other student cards like UOB EVOL Card will get you a more attractive 8% cashback for online shopping and PayWave transactions. Unfortunately, you need to meet a minimum spend of S$600.
Another option would be the OCBC Frank Card that offers up to 6% cashback on online shopping and mobile contactless with the same minimum spend requirement, but the cap is higher at S$75.
The DBS Live Fresh Student Card is one of the best options for social young adults who enjoy online shopping and spending on select merchants. With this card, you can earn up to 5% cash rebate with Starbucks, Mcdonald’s, Golden Village, Netflix, and Spotify. You can enjoy all these without having to worry about meeting a minimum spend requirement.
However, do not expect this card to offer specific bonus rebates for key categories, such as groceries and diningl. That said, the DBS Live Fresh Student Card is best for those who shop with specific vendors and use contactless payment most of the time. But bear in mind that the credit limit will be S$500 and cashback is capped at S$50 which is further split into 3 categories.
With excellent cashback rewards, no minimum spend requirement, and no annual fee for the first five years, the DBS Live Fresh Student Card is one of the best options on the market for young adults. It’s perfect for those with focused spending habits and social budgets.
- The DBS Live Fresh Student Card offers up to 5% cashback on select merchants, online shopping, contactless payments, Netflix, and Spotify subscriptions.
- No minimum spend requirement and no annual fee for the first five years.
- Earn 0.3% cashback on all other spending.
Need extra cash for emergency expenses? Loan Advisor will help you find the best loan interest rates, terms, and conditions that will suit your financial situation. Loan Advisor is a one-stop loan comparison site with the most updated information about the top licensed moneylenders in Singapore. Request up to 3 loan quotes today for free!
What Is DBS Live Fresh?
DBS Live Fresh Student Card is an affordable student card that offers plenty of benefits. For one, it gives cardholders up to 5% cashback on select merchants. On top of that, an additional 5% green cashback on selected eco-eateries, retailers, and transport services. You can also earn 5% rebates through online purchases and VISA contactless spending.
Can International Students Apply for Credit Card in Singapore?
Some student cards are only open to application from Singaporean citizens and permanent residents, while others are open to foreigners. The DBS Live Fresh Student Card is only available for Singaporean citizens and permanent residents.
How Do I Activate My DBS Live Fresh Card?
You can activate your new card using digibank, DBS digibot, SMS banking, or at a DBS/POSB ATM Machine.
Locate the nearest DBS/POSB ATM and follow the instructions on the screen to complete activation:
- Insert your new credit/debit/ATM card
- Enter your New Card PIN*
- Select More Services
- Select Cards/PIN/iBanking/Phonebanking.
- Select Activate Card.
If you wish to activate your card via SMS Banking, you can send the following keyword commands to 77767:
Activate <space> Last 4 digits of Card.
E.g. Activate 1234
How Does DBS Live Fresh Student Card’s Rebate Program Work?
- Every S$1 cashback is equal to S$1
- Cash rebates are credited to your account every month
- Cashback is automatically applied to part of the billed amount for that month
- When you close your account, all cashback earned is forfeited.
- Cash rebates are non-transferable.
What Credit Card Transactions Are Ineligible for Rewards?
- Bank Fees: This includes balance transfer, fund transfer, cash advances, annual fees, interest, and all fees charged by DBS.
- Transfer & Bill Payments: This includes payments to utility bill companies and any top-ups or payment of funds to payment service providers.
- Institutional Payments: This means payments to educational institutions, financial institutions, hospitals, or insurance companies.
Customer Top Reviews