Physical distancing guidelines and travel restrictions have tied us to the confines of our homes for over a year now, but these have been put in place to keep communities safe and healthy.
While this can be stressful for everyone, it has also encouraged us to be more creative and think outside the box when it comes to our usual vacation plans.
Since the Singapore Tourism Board recently approved hotels to accept staycations, guests have continuously flocked to different hotel properties, eager to get some much-needed pampering and relaxation.
Taking safety precautions to keep yourself physically healthy is of utmost importance, but it is equally vital to guard your mental and emotional health during this pandemic.
The good news is, you can still experience a fun and fulfilling vacation minus the long hours of travel, taxing layovers, worries about misplaced luggage, and stressful queues; by simply having a lovely hotel staycation within the comforts of the city.
Adjusting to the New Normal
However, our previous ways of doing business with hotels have greatly changed to adapt to our current circumstances. Hence, you can expect modifications in some hotel processes upon arrival to comply with government-issued guidelines such as the usual registration of SafeEntry information, temperature check, and visual scanning of symptoms. You may also notice that hotels now practice:
- Staggered guest check-in (and check-out) times
- Issuance of sanitized key cards
- Encouragement of contactless payment methods
- Digital registration to avoid physical contact of IDs, passports, and credit cards
Also, bear in mind that the hotel’s dine-in facilities, gyms, pools, spas, wellness facilities, playgrounds, and common areas must all comply with the sector-specific requirements set by Enterprise Singapore (ESG) in accordance with the Ministry of Health’s Phase 3 guidelines for hotel reopening such as reduced capacity limits and safe distancing among others.
Every property must comply with these rules in order to operate, and guests are expected to abide by the said in-house protocols at all times.
With that said, the happiest part of taking a vacation is planning and anticipating it. Here are our top suggestions for the best staycation hotel properties and offers for your perfect COVID-19 break.
Address: 1 Beach Rd, Singapore 189673
Discerning guests have appreciated the world-class service this famous hotel has been known for. Enjoy an unforgettable and refreshing holiday with their Home Suite Home Offer with an exclusive 25% reduction off their best available rates for a two-night stay.
Their luxuriously spacious suites will relax and rejuvenate you while you soak in the lush greenery and serenity of our gardens and delight in a multitude of cuisines at your doorstep.
- Daily breakfast for two at Tiffin Room or served at your verandah al fresco
- Complimentary Afternoon Tea at The Grand Lobby
- Complimentary parking for the duration of your stay
- History tour with their resident historian
- An exclusive 15% discount at their restaurants and bars, spa, boutique, and the flower shop.
Avail of this offer until June 30, 2021, only.
Address: 29 Tanglin Road, Singapore 247911
Located at the crossroads of Singapore Botanic Gardens and the prime Orchard Road district, experience one of the city’s best addresses and pamper yourself in an exquisite stay curated for the modern tastemaker.
With their Live Exquisite 32-Hour Stay Deal, you can take that much-needed break as you indulge in their facilities, complete with epicurean breakfast at Brasserie Les Saveurs, a $50 hotel return voucher, late checkout until 6:00 PM, and signature St. Regis Butler Service.
Simply present code YX1 upon your reservation booking for stays until June 30, 2021. Prices start at $339 per night, depending on the room type you prefer. Cancellation policies apply in accordance with The St. Regis Singapore policies.
Address: 10 Scotts Rd, Singapore 228211
Ease your mind as you enjoy the hotel’s lush gardens, award-winning spa treatments, delectable cuisine, and contemporary accommodation right in the middle of the city’s entertainment and shopping district.
You can enjoy a 10% to 25% discount on your stay with the Plan Your Adventure Deal when you book by April 2, 2021, for stays through September 12, 2021.
Rates are subject to room type and availability. They also offer a flexible cancellation policy in case plans change. The safety and well-being of their guests and associates are guarded with their Global Care & Cleanliness Commitment so you can clear your mind off the pandemic.
Address: 333 Orchard Rd, Singapore 238867
With the Make-It-Your-Own Staycation Package, you can enjoy a stay in their Deluxe room with breakfast for two included starting at $158 only! And to make your stay even more memorable, they have provided the below add-on options, which you can include at a discounted price.
Simply mention your preferred add-on at the time of booking to take advantage of price reductions.
- Meritus Club Benefits for two at $80++
- Late check-out until 3pm for $80++
- Picnic basket for two at $98++
- Family picnic basket for four at $128++
- One bottle of Auchentoshan 12 Years for $120++
- One bottle of Auchentoshan Three Wood for $180++
Address: 22 Orange Grove Road 258350 Singapore
Treat your family to a luxurious staycation experience complete with fun activities for the little ones with Shangri-La’s Fun Family Playcation Deal starting at $300!
Take some time off and enjoy a world of imagination and exploration with this package that includes:
- Daily breakfast for 2 adults and 2 children
- $100 dining credits per night
- Complimentary parking
- High-speed unrestricted WI-Fi and broadband internet access
- Playtime at Buds by Shangri-La and Splash Zone which your kids will surely love!
You also have the option to add a Picnic Experience set in their lush garden, complete with a delightful menu featuring a selection of savory and sweet treats for only $88. This offer is available until December 23, 2021, and is subject to hotel availability.
Address: 22 Scotts Rd, Singapore 228221
Goodwood Park Hotel’s Couplecation Offer is perfect for couples who simply want to spend quality time together in an amazing property. This offer is available from April 1 to May 31, 2021.
It includes a:
- $99 food and beverage dine-in credit per night for a la carte meals at Coffee Lounge and Min Jiang
- Complimentary internet access
- Late check-out until 3:00 PM (subject to availability).
Rates start at $270++ per night at a Deluxe Premier Room.
They also have an ongoing Family Staycation Package available until June 30, 2021, which includes:
- Complimentary breakfast for 2 adults and 2 children below 6 years of age,
- High-speed internet access
- Taiwan Porridge Bento for 2 adults (4 menu choices), and Kids Meal for 2 children (4 menu choices) at Coffee Lounge during lunch or dinner per room per stay (one-time)
- One Spikey the Durian Mascot Teddy Bear per room per stay, and cookies with 2 servings of milk during turndown service per room per stay.
Rates start at $288.00++ per night at a Deluxe Mayfair Room. You can also request an extra complimentary bed for a child below 12 years or baby cot by simply mentioning your request at the time of booking.
Address: 10 Bayfront Ave, Singapore 018956
Take advantage of the Luxe Suite Savings Deal and unwind in the privacy of your room at Singapore’s most iconic luxury hotel, with rates starting at $1,584.55.
This package includes:
- In-suite check-in
- Welcome amenity upon arrival
- Complimentary buffet breakfast at RISE, Spago, or Club55,
- Complimentary afternoon tea, amenities, and evening drinks and canapés at Club55
- 24-hour butler service
- One in-suite bartending experience per stay
- One round-trip limousine transfer to/from the property per stay
- Complimentary laundry, dry cleaning or pressing
- Complimentary non-alcoholic refreshments and snacks
- Choice of pillow from their pillow menu
- Luxury bathroom amenities from Hermes
- High-speed Wi-Fi internet access
- Entry to SkyPark Observation Deck
- Guaranteed access to their famous infinity pool.
This hotel has reopened recently with a higher degree of hygiene and safety promise to ensure its guests’ safety and wellness at all times.
Now more than ever, the lines between work and home for many people have become completely muddled, and having fun with family and loved ones seems to take a backseat from the madness that is encroaching on this pandemic – which should never be the case.
So let us keep a well-balanced life and enjoy the short breaks that we can manage to squeeze in our busy schedules.
Of course, you may run into some roadblocks and last-minute changes, so be flexible with your itinerary and make adjustments as needed. Whatever goes wrong; remember that we’ve all had enough to worry about this past year, so it’s time to embrace calm instead.
In case you are planning a staycation and are short on cash, Loan Advisor can help you sort out your financial needs without the stress of going through tedious and repetitive inquiry processes by offering up to three loan quotes from Singapore’s top licensed moneylenders.
We provide free, unbiased, and up-to-date information on top loans with the best interest rates from legal providers, making it easier for you to compare and make smarter and well-informed financial decisions. If you can make the best loan deal through our provided quotes, your staycation ideas will turn into memorable experiences to cherish.