In Singapore, cycling has increasingly come into the spotlight as a means of personal transport and leisure activity. That’s not surprising, considering the benefits to both personal health and fitness, as well as the environment.
With bicycle-friendly policies – such as being able to bring foldable bikes onto public transport – and a vast network of biking trails and park connectors that let you pedal from one end of the island to the other, cycling in Singapore is convenient and fun.
You may be wondering, “Is there a bicycle shop near me?”. Well wonder no more!
Start your bicycle shopping by checking out these 8 best bicycle shops in Singapore, for everything from lightweight foldable bicycles to hybrid bikes, racers bikes, premium bikes, limited edition bicycles and more.
8 Best Bicycle Shops in Singapore
- Website: https://hellobicycle.com.sg/
- Location: Bugis, Joo Chiat
- Email: email@example.com
- Price range: $800 to $1,200
- Google reviews: 4.1 out of 5
One of the most established bicycle shops on the island, Hello, Bicycle! is a trusted dealer of premium bicycle brands from around the world. With two showrooms and a service centre, rest assured you’ll be in good hands here.
The machines sold at this trendy bicycle shop are mostly made for city cycling, featuring adult bikes from Tokyobike and LINUS, along with some foldable bikes from Strida and Shulz. There’s also a children’s lineup from Cruzee.
Prices here aren’t cheap, but you’ll get good quality bikes and bicycle accessories that will last you a long time.
- Website: https://www.rodalink.com/sg/
- Location: East Coast, Jurong
- Price range: $300 to $3,000
- Google reviews: 3.6 out of 5
Rodalink Singapore is no less than a bicycle megamart for everything two-wheeled and related, and is a delight for bike enthusiasts. It offers a vast selection of different bicycle types, from mountain bikes, road bikes and racing bikes for hardcore riders, to city bikes and folding bicycles for a casual jaunt around town. There’s also a decent selection of womens’ bikes and kids bikes.
Equally impressive is the vast array of bike components, accessories, spare parts, apparel and training equipment available, catered to everyone from biking hobbyists to those with dreams of turning professional.
- Website: https://speedon5.com/
- Location: Jln Kirang Barat
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Price range: $800 to $10,000
- Google reviews: 4.5 out of 5
A bike shop specialising in heavy-duty, high-performance bicycles, Treknology 3 is apt to be favoured by those for whom cycling is more than just something to do on the weekends. If you’re not breathing heavy at the sight of a Trek Madone 9.5 (and not because of its S$10,000 price tag), you’re probably in the wrong place.
Jokes aside, if you believe in investing in good quality road bikes and bike brands, Treknology 3 offers plenty of solid options for those with the budget to spare. There’s also an extensive selection of bike accessories and components to keep you and your machine in top form.
My Bike Shop
- Website: https://mybikeshopsg.com/
- Location: Henderson Road, Thomson Hills
- Email: email@example.com
- Price range: $700 to S$2,500
- Google reviews: 3 out of 5
My Bike Shop is a local bicycle shop specialising in folding bikes only, and it has quite possibly the largest collection of foldies on the island. You’ll find leading brands such as Bickerton, 3Sixty Korea, Tern, Dahon and Tyrell, among others.
Prices are comparatively grounded, ranging from around $700 for a starter folding bike, and up to $2,500 for premium, top-end machines. There’s plenty to discover here if you’re convinced that folding bikes, with their versatility and portability, is the way to go.
Bike Mart SG
- Website: https://www.bikemartsg.com/shop
- Location: Sims Avenue
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Price range: $1,500 to S$10,000
- Google reviews: 4.6 out of 5
Bike Mart SG is another popular bicycle shop for those with an appetite for premium branded bicycles. But instead of flashy luxury toys for showing off to your friends, the bicycles sold here are built for top-notch performance, and catered towards those who compete in triathlons and competitive racing.
As you’d expect, such high performance triathlon bikes do not come cheap – the cheapest model on offer at the time of writing will cost you at least S$1,500. But for serious athletes, that’s a small price to pay for fame and glory.
- Website: http://www.byx.com.sg/bikes-singapore/
- Location: River Valley
- Tel: 6235 5221
- Price range: $3,500 to S$18,000
- Google reviews: 4.4 out of 5
BYX Singapore is a specialist bike shop focusing strictly on professional-grade racing bicycles, which are made for those who enjoy long-distance road riding.
Prices for these durable bikes are high, starting in the thousands. However, you’ll only be getting the good stuff, as BYX deals only in proven international brands, such as Italian road bike leader Bianchi, and Niner, renowned in the US for their quality mountain bikes.
Recommended for those ready to take their riding to the next level.
- Website: https://www.fishtailcyclery.com/
- Location: French Road
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: 8687 6686
- Price range: $500 to S$5,000
- Google reviews: 5 out of 5
This whimsically named bicycle shop is the place to go if you’re looking to build your dream custom bike. Fishtail Cyclery has both the components and the know-how to put together a bicycle completely from scratch, which can pave the way to some pretty unusual projects.
They also have a small selection of complete, ready-to-ride bikes, spanning configurations from mini velo, to touring, road and mountain bikes.
Whether you’re looking to build your own bike, need some bike repair services, or simply want to tweak your existing rig with customisations, Fishtail Cyclery has got you covered.
- Website: https://www.decathlon.sg/
- Location: Various
- Price range: $200 to S$2,200
- Google reviews: 4.5 out of 5
If you’re simply looking for basic bicycles – or perhaps some cycling accessories – but don’t have time to poke around at bike stores, give your nearest Decathlon store a try. The sports lifestyle megastore offers some pretty decent bike models, at wallet-friendly prices to boot.
You can choose from around 40 bicycle models and brands, including children’s bikes, bicycles for women, and folding bikes. There’s also a good range of different colours available, including black, white, red, blue and neon yellow.
Conclusion and Key Takeaways
With such a wide range of brands, models and prices, clearly there’s a thriving community of cycling enthusiasts here in Singapore. Before you embark on your new cycling lifestyle with your fellow bike lovers, be sure to heed these key takeaways:
- Familiarise yourself with the riding rules in Singapore, and always be sure to adhere to them at all times.
- Not all bicycles are the same. If you’re not sure which one to get, ask for recommendations.
- It may be worthwhile to pay for a more expensive model, especially if you plan on riding it frequently.
- Instead of throwing out your old bike, consider bringing it to bike shops for custom tweaks and adjustments.
- A folding bike offers a good mix of versatility and utility, but may not be suitable for rougher riding.
Need financial assistance but don’t know where to turn? Fortunately there are licensed moneylenders who can help with loans for all types of situations! Loan Advisor makes it easy to compare the best loan rates from your computer. Request free quotes when you need it!