The Grab app has now become part of daily life for many Singaporeans. Whether used for booking a ride, grocery deliveries, or ordering a meal, Grab has become a go-to application. And now, with the GrabPay card, you can take advantage of more perks while enjoying a seamless and convenient cashless transaction.
In a nutshell, the GrabPay Card is an e-wallet payment card that is available in Singapore. You can get a digital and physical prepaid GrabPay card which will help you manage your spending, enjoy exclusive benefits, and earn rewards faster. With a GrabPay card, you can pay for Grab rides, GrabFood orders, and more.
Want to learn more? Read on to find out everything you need to know about GrabCard.
What is GrabPay Card and How Does It Work?
GrabPay Card is a prepaid Mastercard that allows you to spend with your GrabPay wallet balance. You can spend it online, in-stores, and overseas at any Mastercard merchant.
Is GrabPay a digital card?
You can get both a digital and physical GrabPay card so you can make cashless payments for both offline and online purchases. Thanks to its prepaid feature, you can simply top up your account with the amount you are willing to spend.
So how does it work?
Use your GrabPay card online, offline, local, or abroad. Plus, you can use it at any store that accepts Mastercard. However, this prepaid card is not designed to compete with banks in terms of credit card features and rewards.
Think of this card as a debit card. Your transactions are deducted from your GrabPay e-wallet. It is perfect for those who frequently use the Grab app.
Here are other benefits you can enjoy with the GrabPay card:
- Up to 6x GrabRewards points for every SGD1 spent.
- Track your spending and easily top-up your e-wallet
- Tap with Samsung Pay allows you to link your GrabPay Card to Samsung Pay and earn up to 30 Samsung rewards points for every transaction.
- Use it on public buses and trains.
- Enhanced payment security with Asia’s first numberless physical card. All details are stored in your Grab app.
Key Features and Benefits
One of the key benefits of having a GrabPay Card is that you can use it for different transactions. For one, you can use your GrabPay balance for Grab transport, food delivery, and other financial services across Southeast Asia.
Secondly, you can use GrabPay at any store that accepts Mastercard globally. This means you can enjoy competitive foreign exchange rates.
Interested in getting this card? You can easily sign up for this card once you finish filling up a simple customer verification process within the Grab app. Upon verification, you can use the digital GrabPay card for a variety of transactions.
Since GrabPay is partnering with Mastercard, it is accepted almost everywhere, even online. As long as the store accepts Mastercard, your GrabPay Card is good to go.
Additionally, it can be added to your Samsung Pay wallet. This will allow you to make offline payments with your device at any contactless enabled payments terminal.
The rewards points earned will depend on which Grab membership tier you are on. However, each GrabPay Card transaction will allow you to earn 3x-6x GrabRewards points per SGD1 spent. You can redeem GrabRewards offers anywhere in Southeast Asia.
However, the rewards are not comparable to bank credit cards. For instance, 10 GrabRewards points will only earn you 1 KrisFlyer mile. This basically means earning only 0.3 to 0.5 miles per SGD1 spent.
With GrabPay Card, you will enjoy enhanced payment security. For one, the GrabPay Mastercard is numberless. All the card detailers are securely stored within your Grab application. So if ever you lose your physical card, you don’t have to worry about compromising your personal and financial information.
Aside from that, this card also has a PIN-protected in-app lock card function. With this feature, you can instantly suspend payments in case you lose your card.
- Mobile Phone Protection: This complimentary coverage is for when you pay your monthly mobile phone bill with GrabPay Card
- E-Commerce Protection: This provides coverage for eligible items in the event of incomplete, non-deliver, or delivery of defective or wrong items.
- Flight Delay Passes: You will have complimentary access to over 1,000 airport lounges spanning over 100 countries – in case your registered flight is delayed for at least 2 hours. You can register up to 2 flights each calendar year.
Disadvantages and Fees
So, what’s the downside? One of the disadvantages of GrabPay Card is their unimpressive GrabRewards points conversion to KrisFlyer miles. With every 10 GrabRewards points, you only get 1 Krisflyer mile. Compared to the average miles card where you can earn 1.2 to 1.4 miles per dollar spent on local spending, this is really unimpressive.
Secondly, you can’t use this card with Apple Pay or Google Pay. However, you can still use it with Samsung Pay. When you do, you will receive not only Grab Rewards but Samsung Rewards as well. So you get double the points for the same amount of spending.
Here are the fees you need to be aware of:
- Account application fee: Free
- Physical card fee: SGD10 from your GrabPay balance or 5,000 GrabPay Rewards points
- Foreign currency transaction fee: 2%
- Overseas ATM withdrawal fee: SGD5 + foreign currency transaction fee
- Cross border transaction fee: 1%
Is it For You?
If you’re already a GrabPay user, you won’t notice a lot of difference since there are no direct discounts or incentives. Still, GrabPay Mastercard can be a very useful tool.
For one, it’s great for transactions that regular bank credit cards exclude from earning rewards/miles/cashback. It is also great for individuals who don’t have a bank account yet. GrabPay Card allows you to make payments at Mastercard merchants even without a bank account.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How Do I Use My GrabPay Card in Singapore?
To make a digital payment using your GrabPay Card, you only need to copy your card number and CVV. Enter these details upon checkout. You can access your card details in your Grab App.
2. How Do I Request A Physical GrabPay Mastercard?
After activating your digital card, you can then request a physical GrabPay Mastercard. You can use your physical Grab card to pay offline merchants.
- Go to your GrabPay Card in the Grab app and tap “Request Physical Card”
- Choose whether to pay a deposit of SGD10 or 5,000 Grab Rewards points.
- Verify your mailing address.
- Tap Confirm Address.
3. Does GrabPay Card have a transaction limit?
|Single Transaction Limit||SGD 5,000|
|Daily Transaction Limit||SGD 5,000|
|Monthly Transaction Limit (per calendar month)||SGD 10,000|
|Annual Transaction Limit (per calendar year)||SGD 30,000*|
|ATM Daily Withdrawal Limit||SGD 1,500|
|ATM Monthly Withdrawal Limit||SGD 5,000|
|Daily NFC Limit (PIN is required after exceeding the limit)||SGD 500|
Grab offers a wide range of services here in Singapore – from transport to food to deliveries. That’s why it’s not surprising that it has become a staple application and e-wallet option for most Singaporeans. Now, with GrabPay Card, you can easily make online and offline payments.
- You can use the GrabPay Card online, in-stores, and overseas at any Mastercard merchant.
- The GrabPay physical card is numberless – the first one in Asia. This keeps your card details safe and secure.
- You can earn 3x-6x GrabRewards points per SGD1 spent. Plus, you will only pay a 2% foreign transaction fee for overseas transactions.
Looking for the perfect loan for your goals? Loan Advisor is a one-stop loan comparison platform that offers up-to-date information about the top licensed moneylenders in Singapore. Quickly and easily compare loans and find the best loan terms for your needs.